Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Calm in the Storm

I've spent a fair bit of my adult life looking for peace, tranquility, and all things zen.  I'm not sure if I would consider my search successful, but it has definitely been an interesting journey.

Life is chaotic for everyone, especially in today's society when being the best, the smartest, the thinnest, the prettiest, and the most successful is the driving force behind all that we do.  However, when you drink that particular flavor of Kool Aid, life promises to be all chaos and no calm...at least for me.

I have been a widow, a single mother, a breast cancer survivor, a law student, a president and co-founder of a non profit organization, a wife, a mother of two internationally adopted daughters, a mother of children diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder, a corporate gypsy and a rancher's wife.  I have lived in major cities, in minor cities, in small towns, and in the country.  All of which have had an influence on my life, both positively and negatively.

At times my life has been calm and carefree, but at other times, the chaos threatened my life, my health, my family, and my sanity.  So I've decided to try and tame the tempest in the tea pot, find a patch of peace and tranquility and look for the humor in it all.

I've recently moved to South Texas, 10 miles from the nearest town, on the top of a hill in the brush country, in the middle of nowhere on certain days, and in the middle of something special on other days...all in the name of making a lifestyle change and searching for a little calm in the middle of the storm of life.

Come follow my journey!

1 comment:

Comments are the spice of life!